Friday, September 18, 2026

the junk collector

I am caressing old wounds like a junk collector

picking each one up tenderly and replaying the memory

and to the outsider it might look as though I am holding

something broken, something useless, a vessel for an old hurt

that no longer serves me (and that someone would be right).


I try to find a way to no longer be that sixteen year old girl

craving approval and feeling hurt so sharply that I have to turn my head

let it seep into the years ahead instead.


Oh all my junk is so lovely, but it weighs me down

a constant reminder of everything I've ever found.


Maybe I need to lose some more things,

build a pack that fits through the door.


Maybe I need to sell some things,

and then once I'm done sell a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment