Monday, September 7, 2026

body

Trying to find a place to land my mind

Am I a fool for trying to bend the time?

I keep on breaking everything that I have built

I'm eloquent and I am shrouded in my guilt


They say that’s you

We just stay in our boxes

Doing what we do

She says that’s grief

Let it flow through your body


Am I romanticizing a fault?

Hypothesizing it all?

I keep on wanting everything that I don’t have

Inventing new and cruel ways to make myself sad


They say that’s you

We just stay in our boxes

Doing what we do

She says that’s grief

Let it flow through your body


I say that’s me

And I don’t always believe

I say that’s me

And I don’t always believe


So you want an answer

So you want relief

So you want compassion

So you want to be free


So you want an answer

So you want eternity

So you want to be forgiven

So you want to be free


They say that’s you

We just stay in our boxes

Doing what we do

She says that’s grief

Feel it in your bones 

Let it hold your body


Your body

Your body

Your body

Your body

No comments:

Post a Comment